An applicant has to fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for admission to the respective Program:
HOW TO APPLY
|Admission to CIIT is highly competitive, but those who come here will enjoy the benefits of excellent resources and teaching, and a lively and bustling student life. Admissions at CIIT are done strictly on merit, on the basis of previous academic record of the applicant and his/her performance in the entrance test. This test is conducted by an independent agency called National Testing Service (NTS). For further information about the NTS and the testing process applicants may get assistance at CIIT's offices. Information can also be accessed through the Internet at http://www.nts.org.pk/.|
|CIIT announces admissions through advertisements in major newspapers of Pakistan. |
After the last date of submission of Admission Forms, entrance test will be conducted by NTS according to the admission schedule. All admissions shall be regulated on the basis of merit determined by combining the weighted marks obtained in the entrance test with the weighted marks earned in the previous public examinations.
The weightage criteria for the Master and Bachelor degree programs shall be as given below.
|Short List. |
The list of short listed applicants is displayed on the campus notice board as well as on the CIIT's website on the specified dates.
The short listed candidates are called for interview on announced dates. Merit List is prepared after the interviews.
Admission office will contact applicants selected for admission through email. However, applicants are urged not to rely solely on the emails and make a conscious effort to know the status of their application for admission by either visiting the concerned campus or on CIIT's Website.
Verification of Documents
|Selected candidates will be asked to bring the following documents to the Admission Office for verification within the specified dates:|
• Original Certificates/Detailed Mark Sheets of matric or equivalent examination, and the bachelor degree or it equivalent examination (if applicable) with the two attested photocopies of each.
• Original Equivalent Certificate along with two attested photocopies.
• Original Hope Certificate along with two attested photocopies of Affidavit (if applicable).
• Undertaking on Stamp Paper by the student and father/guardian to abide by the rules and regulations of the institute.
• National Identity Card (or 'B' Form) along with two attested photocopies.
• Two passport size photographs attested from the back. Please do not forget to write your Name, Father's Name and program on the back of the photographs.
|Admission Offer Letter and Challan Form|
After verification of the documents, applicants will be issued "Admission Offer" letter along with a Bank Challan Form for payment of dues.
Confirmation of Admission
Selected candidates are required to confirm their acceptance by paying the non-refundable admission and tuition fee within the specified dates. Admission process will only be completed after the payment of fee is confirmed. If a candidate fails to confirm enrolment, selection will stand cancelled and seat will be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list.
CIIT schedules an Orientation session for all new students to acquaint them with general policies and services of the Institute. Registration for courses is also completed at this time. Attendance at this session is mandatory.
• Admissions are offered on the basis of special quota in Lahore, Abbottabad and Attock Campuses. Detailed information in this regard may be obtained from these campuses.
• In compliance with the Government directive 1% seats in each discipline have been allocated on the basis of sports, for admissions in all campuses of CIIT. To avail this facility a prospective student must submit an application detailing achievements in sports, supported by relevant documents, along with the Admission Form.
• Only those candidates can apply under this quota who fulfill the eligibility criteria for the particular program to which they are considering to apply. A separate merit list would be displayed for candidates applying on sports basis. Final selection would be made on the basis on trials and interview.
Students with Disabilities
CIIT welcomes applications from all who are academically qualified. Prospective students who have a hidden or visible disability are requested to draw the attention of the Admission Officer to this fact and seek advice about suitability or otherwise of facilities offered by CIIT to their particular needs. This would enable the applicants to discover if studying at CIIT is likely to face extra difficulties. The applicant may be asked to attend an interview before being offered Admission. As a matter of policy, CIIT considers applications for admission from disabled applicants entirely on academic basis.
CIIT welcomes international applicants for admission to its various degree programs. For this purpose special seats have been reserved for foreign students in each discipline at Islamabad campus. Currently foreign students from countries like Syria, Iran, ASEAN countries, Afghanistan, Indian part of Kashmir etc are enrolled in different degree programs of CIIT.
Concrete efforts are also being made by CIIT to attract foreign students for admission in CIIT for different undergraduate and graduate degree programs. e.g from Middle East and Gulf Regions.
So to support such efforts, this year COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) also participated at GHEDEX 2007: Muscat, Oman from April 16-18 2007 with a full-fledged stall.
Gulf Higher Education Exhibition (GHEDEX) is being organized for last 07 years and now it has attained the status of most comprehensive regional platform showing a wider array of diverse, international study options in higher education for students, parents, young professionals, and the academic organization from the Sultanate of Oman and the Gulf Region.
Since the medium of instruction at CIIT is English, intending foreign students must show sound knowledge of written as well as spoken English. The academic credentials of the foreign students will be examined by the Admission Office to ascertain if they meet Institute’s entrance requirements for the selected degree program. If so, provisional admission will be offered subject to clearance from the Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan. International students can arrange for clearance either through their respective Embassy in Pakistan or with the help of the Admissions Office at CIIT.
Applicants may find that their qualifications are not necessarily recognizable by CIIT because of differences in educational systems of different countries. Therefore, in addition to transcripts of their latest academic qualifications, they must also submit an equivalence certificate obtained from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) while applying for admission.
The foreign students after getting admission in CIIT need to follow guidelines as provided by HEC for issuance/renewal of visa for admission in different academic programs as well. The details of such procedures can be obtained from the HEC website by clicking the link http://www.hec.gov.pk/new/AcademicAffairs/Foreign_Students_Admission.htm
Fee for International Students
Prospectus Charges ---Rs 500 (US$ 10)
Per Year Fee (Fall and Spring Semesters) ---US$3,000 (@ US$ 1,500 per semester
Accommodation for International Students